Guess what is the strongest trust, bond or loyalty one can create? It is BRANDING!
When it comes to Personal Branding the amount of trust, love, the relationship that you form with your followers is as strong and solid as a mountain. Developing a personal brand is a long process. It requires a lot of patience, perseverance, and character because all that effort you put in today will let your followers know about you as a brand in the future.
Jeff Bezos, CEO of Amazon, came up with a famous quote “Your brand is what people say about you when you are not in the room”. Such sect of people doesn’t get built overnight. It takes a lot of days, effort, burning some midnight oil in order to create a brand. However, without a proper direction, plan or structure you could end nowhere in trying to establish your own brand.
Why Brand You? In other words, Why Personal Branding?
Personal Branding helps with personal and professional growth. Professionals can be either your employee life or your business.
- Visibility: It helps you gain a lot of visibility. Many new people would get to know about your knowledge, values, views through your posts. Those who resonate with your views would start following you.
- Professional Growth: If you are an employee working with an organization it would help you scale your rank as your expertise is well known through social and blog channels. You will also attract the attention of several other employers who would love to onboard you.
- Partnerships: This is vital for people who are looking to set up their own venture or who is running a business already. Other organizations/businesses would get to know your expertise and would like to leverage that by partnering with you.
- Business Growth: If you are running a business, it would give you partners, leads and revenue. More visibility, reach would gain you more leads and customers. More customers mean more revenue. Most importantly, it will consistently increase as you keep growing your followers list by being active and interactive.
We researched some of the top personal brands during their initial years and came up with these 5 key steps that would help you in getting started in the right direction.
- Identify your “Audience”: Audience is the key. You must identify your strengths and expertise to target the right audience in your posts. If your thoughts resonate with theirs then most likely you will gain a lot of followers.
- Create an Omnichannel Strategy: The next step is to go omnichannel. You now know who your audience is, and it is only imperative to follow that in all the channels so that you create a community or a sect of followers.
- Create Interactive Content: Gaining followers would mean nothing if you do not post interactive content through your channels (website, blog, email, social media, etc.. Ensure that your posts are contextualized and interactive.
- Promote, Promote and Promote: So, you gained a few followers and you started posting interactive content. What next? Obviously, you must grow your list of followers. So, keep promoting your content in all channels and keep growing your community.
- Engage and Educate: Always keep engaging with all your followers through comments, messages, posts, likes, replies, etc. The more you engage the better would be the retention rate. Also keep educating your followers as they look up to your expertise through your interaction with them. Remember to stay in touch with your followers daily.
We are confident that these 5 steps would help you kickstarting your “BRAND YOU”. And remember, there is a long road ahead before you become A BRAND.